Pages within this Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

More Extreme Micro-Fiction

I've had a whole 24 hours to think of new extreme micro-fiction to post.  I introduced it to my students today and to say that it piqued their interest would be an understatement.  It's like I could watch them begin mentally counting and then recounting words.  It is a great minilesson on word choice.  It fit really well into my poetry lesson today.  Choose words that convey the most meaning possible...trim the fat!  Use words the readers won't soon forget.  Find a phrase that sticks with them!  Hopefully some of them will get on here and post their ideas!  We'll see...but for now, more of micro-fiction:


  • Juicy apple ruined by half worm.
  • Met the neighbors...need a fence.
  • Be a virus.  See the world!  
  • First date means butterflies like condors.
  • I'm the lamb that was lost.
  • He left the others for me.
Some of these are funny.  Some are inspirational.  Some can be interpreted in different ways.  That is what is so great about micro-fiction (or short fiction of any kind, really), it can be what you want it to be!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Boom
    Pow
    Im
    Shot
    Dead
    Funeral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brayden
    One drug, one car, one killed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pedro

    Crack head, walking, car, boom

    ReplyDelete